Today I took an often overlooked approach to promoting The Webmaster’s Edge: Submission. While may people do “guest blogs” (which I fully intend to do), many overlook submitting their work to popular websites for links to their site. Mind you, the link should be targeted and relevant to your content, not just “link sharing” or popping it onto a “link farm”. No, it needs to be a site that makes sense. Not only that, but linking to a sub-page, rather than the main site, can be very beneficial. Not just for search-engine rankings, but to get people interested in your website.
To promote The Edge today, I decided to start marketing three articles:
- Tar / “Untar”
- Modsecparse.pl errors after a MySQL upgrade.
- Receiving ERROR 2002 (HY000) after a MySQL upgrade.
I’m not submitting the articles to be duplicated, mind you, but to be linked to from various tutorial link sites. One such very popular site is Tutorialized.com. It looks like all three articles have already been reviewed and are pending. These types of links can really help to ramp up your site’s traffic. As long as you are producing quality content that others can relate to, you can use this method for increasing and retaining traffic.
Rate this post:
- Promoting Your Website: A Recap
- Promoting The Edge: Breaking For The Weekend
- Promoting The Edge Day One: Search Engine Submissions
- Promoting The Edge Day Two: Talk To Who You Know
- Promoting The Edge Day Nine: Keep Doing What You’ve Been Doing