Many sources are reporting that Google was ready to purchase Digg for an estimated $200 million dollars, but walked away and buried the deal during the final stage of purchase. I believe that TechCrunch was the first to report on it.
While some speculate that it was a “personality issue”, it is very possible that Google did not like what they saw when they got into the technology behind Digg. There is some speculation that Google will be adding some “Digg-Like” features to their search engine. Perhaps Google decided that their technology was better and has opted to bury Digg like they did their deal.
Rate this post:
- Promoting The Edge Day Six: Entrecard Drops!
- Yahoo + Google > Microsoft?
- Bow To Your Google Overlords: The Google Aquisition List
- Super Video Sunday: Bow To Your Google Overlords Part Deux
- Google AdSense Ending AdSense Referral Program Next Month
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
What’s Up At The Edge: Code, Forums, Guides, And Interviews
Where Has He Been!?